The Chinook Highway Operations Inc. Environmental Policy represents the commitment from senior management, department managers and all employees to ensure that our operations are planned and implemented to meet the intent and requirements of sustainable environmental management to prevent negative impacts on the environment. Chinook Highway Operations Inc. is committed to:
- Reduce the effects of it’s operations, products and services on the environment;
- sustainable development can only be achieved through the respectful use of natural resources;
- Reduce waste and prevent pollution and continuously improve the integration of environmental protection issues into all its activities and those of its clients;
- Ensure that all its activities are in compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations and other requirements;
- Continual improvement and to reduce the impact of its business activities on the environment;
- Raise the awareness by training of its employees and its managers so that environmental protection is an integral part of their activities and emphasize on their individual role in preventing pollution;
- Communicate the policy, environments aspects and voluntary pollution prevention to all employees, public upon request and those working on behalf of and for CHOI (Subcontractors) and
- Environment Management System, Environmental objectives and targets will be monitored through periodic internal audits and management reviews.
For the purpose of the SEST, all subcontractors working on behalf of Chinook Highway Operations Inc., must also comply with the Chinook Highway Operations Inc. Environmental Policy. Compliance with the policy will be assured through the requirements outlined in the EMS, and component Environment Management plans.
For and on behalf of
CHINOOK HIGHWAY OPERATIONS INC.